You are ready to start your direct mail campaign. Here is our 8 point checklist to make sure you have everything in place.
1. Are you happy that you have planned the 5 key stages of the campaign?
Does your mailing fulfil the objectives that you set?
2. Are you targeting the correct groups?
Does the data selection that you have made cover your key target markets?
3. Does your creative convey the right messages?
Ask someone who is not close to the activity to read it through – what do they take from it?
4. Are the production processes in place?
Have you checked proofs from any suppliers? Have they confirmed timescales to you?
5. Are you posting the mailing economically?
Make sure that you have investigated all options to save money on post.
6. Do your colleagues know the mailing is taking place?
Are they ready to answer the phones when response comes in? Do you have brochures and offer material to send out to responders? Is your website up to date?
7. Do you have procedures in place to capture and monitor response?
Data on responders can help you to build your own database – a key asset for your business.
8. Analyse and learn.
This is the last item on the checklist for this campaign – and also the first point before your next campaign